Monday, August 3, 2009

I actually got through my fast! Yesss. This morning though, I woke up and stood up, my vision almost completely went foggy and it took like 3 tries to get up successfully. I felt so weak that I momentarily decided to make today another fast day just so I could get out of having to excercise. But then a lot of that weakness was also tiredness, so now that I'm basically wide awake, I'm feeling like 10,000 times better.

I got on the scale and I'm down .6lbs. That's acceptable. Not great, but just good enough. But after seeing that, I knew I needed to excercise, and that I needed some more energy, so I tried to eat this salad I made myself last night to be eaten today. It was like 3 cups of lettuce, a cup of cucumber chunks and a half a cup of tomato. And I just could not eat it. I ate maybe 2 chunks of tomato, a little lettuce, and the cucumbers. Estimated about 33 calories, and that's even a high estimate.

The only raw food left in my house is lettuce and watermelon. Maybe I'll break the 'raw food' thing a little bit so that I can eat some salsa and lettuce for dinner. I mean hey, the salsa was only heated for preservation, right? Haha I can never stick to plans. Ok, maybe soymilk, raw food, and the occasional condiment. Yesss.

Goodness, my fast made me feel so gooddd. : D

9 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so proud of you; you're so very strong. And salsa's just veggies and it's low in calories, so i'm sure it's quite alright. Lol. Keep it up. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good on u!! sometimes plans need to be changed i reckon....

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to make it through your first fast!
    that is awesome girl! i envy you being able to do fasts.. i get all shaky and passy outy. no fun. me no like. but one of these days ill successfully complete my first one in a long time. :) very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, thanks for posting this. I've just started a fast and I'm a bit worried about feeling ill... that's if I ever manage to do it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Ana's Girl on the salsa thing...plus spicy foods are rumored to speed up metabolism and cut back your appetite.

    Keep up the great work!

    XO
    Flushed

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done :) awesome stuff! no biggie changing the plan slightly... flexibility is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo! Congrats girl!
    Completely a fast is ALWAYS so self gratifying!!
    Keep it up :D!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh thank you, i'll go have a glass of water now then :)

    ReplyDelete