Tuesday, August 25, 2009

...and I can count her ribs from our kitchenette window.

I want to be as graceful as this picture one day!

My brother saw this girl that he's like, in love with for the first time in like a year yesterday and now he's trying to lose weight to impress her. Competition! He loses weight really quickly. Much more easily than I ever could.

Fast is going well. Haha, it's only been like 6 hours.

Edit: Tell me what to major in, please? I know I'm not even out of high school yet, but where I go to college depends on what I want to major in, and where I'm going to college depends on how hard I work in school my senior year, so I need to figure it out soon! There are so many majors I'm considering, but I don't know what I can really commit to.

Right now I'm really thinking about either Music Education or Anthropology, or possibly Nutrition. Or maybe even Sociology. Or Political Science. I like learning about different cultures and social issues, and I really like learning about government, but I don't think I want a government job. And of course, I love music more than anything, but I'm not sure I want to do education. Anthropology really interests me but I don't want to get stuck just working in a museum. And of course I'm already obsessed with nutrition so that would just be convenient, plus the college I looked up only requires you to get a 'C' in your science classes to earn your degree.

I'm glad I have options, but I just don't want to make the wrong choice. Now I'm regretting taking so many music classes next year and no science or language classes. But I guess it's good that I took so many music courses, because that's the only major I'd actually have to audition for. And if I'm majoring in music I feel like I wouldn't be doing anything positive in the world. But if I do anthropology or political science I feel like I could get some sort of job where I was helping people and making a difference. Plus, I can pursue music without going to college for it.

And if all else fails, I'll get ESL certified and just move to different places around the world until I get sick of it, and then start working in the hotel industry.

Life is so confuuuusing!

5 comments:

  1. The girl in the picture is indeed beautiful. I love the title of this post too. Lol.

    Competition is great; it always spurs you to try your very hardest. Stick with that fast, sweetie!

    I'd love to help you choose a major, but as it is, i can't even figure out what to do with my own life and i'm OUT of high school! Grr. I agree; it's confusing to the extreme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely pic... Umm, i don't know how to help u choose a major... except that - why don't u go thru the books on those subjects, u know, course books, so that u'll see wether u want to study that thing or not... thats what I did... all the best!
    <3 Pi

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what you said, it sounds like the way to go for you is either nutrition or sociology. Are you thinking about staying in-state?

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day we will all make it to that point. As far as your major goes, I think you should do sociology or political science. There is a lot you can do with a political science major. You don't just have to get a government job, you could also practice law. Also, one of the advantages (disadvantages?) or being educated in the US is that almost 70% of the time your job/career will have nothing to do with your major. So just choose something you're interested in (although, I don't recommend music unless you're really gifted and can parlay that into a career). Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness she is beautiful.

    I like Bones and she's a anthropologist right? I think that would be really cool though. I'm not sure but isn't that like reading other people or something?

    And W00T for wet wash cloths!

    ReplyDelete