Friday, August 7, 2009

Dang.

So I was putting on another show tonight, but the place we hold them out had a pipe burst and it's flooded. Which means it's cancelled and I'm staying in tonight. Which sucks because I ate all my calories this morning, thinking I'd be out all night. So I'm stuck home with a bunch of food and I've probably surpassed 500cals now, because I ate peanuts. I'm getting my mom to buy me lettuce, and I just found some 5-calorie dressing, so I'm just eating that for dinner.

I shouldn't feel guilty, because I'm not 'failing,' because I never set a calorie limit, but I have an internal thing that knows that 300 calories is second best to perfect, zero calories is perfect. So any calories are a source of mild guilt, and any calories over 300 are a source of torture.

On the plus side, and I feel like I'm always saying this, but at least I'm getting my nutrition. I know I must be really low on protein because I've been sooo tired today (only got through 20 minutes of stationary biking and was exhauuusted) and I was craving peanuts so ridiculously bad.

I really, really shouldn't feel bad. I had a bunch of factors working against me today:
1. Sleep deprived.
2. I made eating plans around going-out plans, but the latter failed, and therefore so too did my eating plans.
3. I just got off of a two-day fast and I'm hurting on nutrition.
4. I took my vitamins too late today.
5. I didn't lose as much as I would have liked to so I'm already feeling a little hopeless.
6. I'm really upset about the flood thing.

Among other things. So I really shouldn't feel guilty. I just need to think about it like, everything I ate today was healthy, so I'm just storing up nutrition for all the fasting I have coming up. I wanted to lose 20 lbs by the 27th, and right now I have 14lbs to lose in 20 days, so I think I'm doing well. There are 24 days left in summer. I would love to lose 24lbs in 20 days, because that would hit a pretty huge-deal-type goal weight. But honestly I don't think I can do that if I keep alternating fast days with 600-cal days. I need to get myself under controlll bah.

6 comments:

  1. I hate eating all my calories in the morning. I tend to be more tempted to snack later in the day so I try to avoid eating early on to make up for it.

    You're right, you have no reason to feel guilty at all :) it was just one day and you didn't even eat very much at all. It'll make your fast a lot easier too :) good luck dear. Stay healthy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Def. don't feel guilty. Salad and 5cal dressing sounds totally safe to me.

    And with that list of factors working against you, I think you are doing fantastic. Keep going!!!

    All my support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. knowing logically i dont need to feel guilty doesnt mean i wont feel guilty. its all part of it hey??
    its good in that it keepsa check on what i eat, bad cos its a pain in the ass to have to carry. u sound like ur doing really well despite it though!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sleep deprivation is the worst. I always binge every time i'm low on sleep. And when plans of any sort fail, i'm screwed... I would have messed up so bad if i was in your situation, but you didn't! In all honesty, those peanuts probably did you a lot of good, and salad with 5 Cal dressing isn't bad AT ALL. You really are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds as if you still were able to stay strong, and you didn't end up bingeing either, so don't be too hard on yourself!! :)

    I also try to "squeeze" in my calories in the morning... more of a chance you'll have time to burn them off. Plus, I've found if I "slowly" eat throughout the day, there is less resolve for me to STOP eating. Urgh.

    Now get some sleep!!! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You didnt binge girl. That is good.
    I crave peanuts too! That is so weird! Lol.
    I always tend to eat the majority of my calories in the morning so I have all day to burn them off. "eat like a king at breakfast, a prince at lunch, and a pauper at dinner". :)

    ReplyDelete