Because cutting brings me relief; starving makes me ecstatic.
But eating is the only pure form of self-injury for me... it brings no relief, it's a simply, 100% absolute bad. And I don't mean eating within restriction or only eating for energy. I mean unnecessary eating, binging, eating just to piss myself off. The feeling of food going into my mouth doesn't make me feel good. The feeling of it in my stomach doesn't feel good. The "relief" from hunger isn't a relief at all, in fact it's just the opposite.
So why do I do it? I was feeling beautiful in my cloud of hunger and emptiness. I thought, maybe today I'll be successful. And that was such a good feeling. But then I just ate pasta, pasta, pasta. My stomach hurts, and I feel horrible because tomorrow once again, I'll see a weight either the same or more. It's been going on like this almost constantly for so long.
Goddamnit sometimes I think I have two competing eating disorders going on in my head simultaneously.
Here's me being logical: I'm assuming the reason I eat is to dissipate the craving. So what do I need to do? Learn to love the craving. Embrace it. Don't try and get rid of it. Keep it, revere it, bathe in its selfish, disgusting glory. But don't eat to satisfy it. The satisfaction will come in the craving itself. This might sound dumb, but I think it's pretty genius. I mean, I've taught myself to love hunger, and I no longer eat to satisfy hunger. If I teach myself to love cravings (to crave cravings, you might say, teehee) then logically I will no longer eat to satisfy cravings.
SOMETIMES THINKING HELPS ME DRAW CONCLUSIONS WOOHOO! Maybe this conclusion will work out for me.

i think u managed to answer your own question lol
ReplyDeletegood luck
x
I am feeling the same way at the moment. I love being able to say to myself...you've just gone a whole day without eating, what can you accomplish tomorrow?
ReplyDeleteThen I feel a panic that I will never, ever eat the things I enjoy ever again. But a calm..blanket so to say, wraps over that and tells me it's quite alright. Food doesn't matter. It's all shit in the end.
Pasta shall be the death of us I know it.
The guilt, the twisting thought pattern and cadence of self loathing are not worth it. I, you, and them, we are so much better than that.
Take control my girl, and don't give in.
I could've written this post myself, that's how much I identify with it. I used to love eating....waaaay too much. Then I stopped and now I hate it. The very thought of going to a restaraunt scares the crap out of me, and I know that when I go home for Thanksgiving break I will be subjected to it. I don't know what to do. Anyway, good luck with your situation. I hope we can both get a handle on this. <3s
ReplyDeleteThis is exactly what happens to me.
ReplyDeleteThe EXACT same thing.
Think about the weight loss, the number when it stops climbing.
My stomach doesn't feel full when I eat.
It feels nervous, like it has done something wrong.
And i just waiting for punishment.
Be strong.x
I'm luvin' your logic!
ReplyDelete=)
Stay Strong and Logical!
XO