Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Vocabulary words

I realized today, in my countless hours of mental self-loathing and body-hating, my internal monologue's vocabulary is... lacking. I mean, how many times can I think to myself, "I want this disgusting fat off of me" or, "I'm a disgusting failure." I mean, I frequent the word "disgusting" more than... well more than I-don't-know but it seems to be the only word I can use to describe myself. So I've decided to make a list of other negativities. Next time your self-loathing exceeds your vocabulary, or maybe just the next time you're in the mood for some SAT vocab, here's a handy little list full of a lot of hate. The words in bold are the generalized meaning and the words in (parentheses) are words that mean basically the same thing. Italics are my favorites.

I AM FAT AND HUGE. (corpulent, rotund, stout, gargantuan, fleshy, doughy, portly, endomorphic, abdominous, blubbery, stocky, paunchy, podgy, porcine, colossal, capacious, copious, monumental, immeasurable, exorbitant, jumbo, mountainous, astronomic, abounding, abundant, brobdingnagian, voluminous, titanic, elephantine)

I AM LAZY AND SLOW. (dawdling, dilatory, indolent, laggard, languid, lethargic, listless, sluggish, somnolent, torporific, apathetic, comatose, torpid, inert)

I AM DISGUSTING AND HATEFUL. (abominable, loathsome, obnoxious, vulgar, vile, beastly, nasty, nauseating, odious, revolting, rotten, abhorrent, reprehensible, wretched, sickening, detestable, heinous, revolting, despicable, detestable, deplorable, foul, atrocious, execrable, ghastly, repugnant, contemptible, brutish)

THANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment